Friday 31 July 2015

World Of GANTO: Background Characters Galore!

Here ye here ye Peeps, it is I once again with even more GANTO related news! Now what will this month's update be about I hear you say? Well remember last year I posted this image of two random background characters I created?
And you may recall this little quote I wrote about it:

"Whilst they're only generic background characters and thus play NO part in this story whatsoever, I still wanted them to look interesting in a "they have their own story going on which we're not going to see" way, just like real life really. The amount of times I've walked past people in the streets, my nosey self have often wondered what their lives and daily routines must be like? Also because GANTO is set in a fictional version of London, the amount of interesting characters you see in real life amongst London life surely it'll be a waste not to take advantage of that? Don't get me wrong I'm not planning on spending my entire project JUST to create background characters, but neither do I want them to look like a half-arsed effort." 

Well, that's what this month's update is going to be all about, time to showcase some background characters you will be seeing in GANTO!
Starting with the Comic-Con/Anime cosplaying folks! As a Comic-Con/Anime fanatic myself I can not tell you how much I love these cosplayers! The many costumes, imagination and hard work they's put into making them, it's like entering a new fantasy world of it's own where folks can really let their hairs down and truly be themselves! I myself have never cosplayed, in fact the image below is this closet I have ever been in a "Costume"...
And even then I wouldn't even call it a costume haha! I'd love to cosplay eventually, especially as the Pin-Cushion Man or a Ghostbuster or the Mad-Hatter etc. you name it! But for now I'll just leave the other cosplayers to it. Anyways enough about cosplayers moving on!

As well as cosplayers here are the many other eccentricities I always tend to see around London...
From the hipster types to the ones who are perfectly comfortable being themselves and don't give a damn what others think of them! These are the very people who help make London an even more interesting place to be. Not forgetting the inclusion of the Scotsman here, trust me you'll find many Scottish folks living amongst the many diversity of London life.

Speaking of diversity I figured why not include that too?
From ethnic to religious, London truly can't get anymore exciting and interesting than that can it?

Sadly I began to run out of ideas with whom else to include so I then started to draw people I actually know in real life!
Yup, these four are based on people I actually know, I haven't shown them these and I also know for a fact they're unlikely going to ever be looking at my blog anytime soon, so let's just keep this little secret to ourselves mm'kay?

And these are the wonderful background characters you will be seeing in GANTO! Whether I'll be animating them is another matter but for now they'll just be standing there looking "fabulous". 

And before I bring this latest update to a close I have created more animation tests by the way but I've decided to save them for next month's update so be sure to tune in for that!

Well, that's all for now folks and until next time...

See ya later Navigators! :D

Noor "Red Eye" Mula

3 comments:

  1. Very cool stuff indeed! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks whoever you are, hope you stay tuned for my many future updates! :)

      Delete
    2. You're welcome! Don't worry, I look forward to seeing more of your gorgeous art! =)

      Delete