Monday 7 November 2011

Operation BAA!!!!!: Al Pasheepo Walk Cycle Test and an announcement...

What's up Peeps?! It is I once again bringing you the latest developments for the BAA Comp. :)


First of all I am now have an Account on CG-HUB woohoo! :D Well actually I've been signed up since June but have only recently uploaded my illustration work onto it so please do check it out and follow moi if possible. Also if anyone else has an Account please do let me know thanks. :)

Secondly as you may have noticed from the Title I've slightly changed Al Pasheepino to Al Pasheepo. Why you ask? Well as the Anonymous User kindly pointed out the name was too long and suggested to rename the latter. To be honest I liked that idea and plus it sounds a lot more closer the Al Pacino name so thanks for that Anonymous. :) 

Now although I've been working on the Storyboard, I tend to have this really bad habit of wanting to do everything animation now, now, NOW! I tried resisting myself but I couldn't help it, I just had to do an animation test. Also I've never done that many walk cycles in any of my animation work so figured this would also be the best time to practice it for a bit too.
And VIOLA!!!!! Here's the result! :D I have to say I'm quite impressed with this walk cycle considering I rarely do it. Obviously I still need more practice but it's a good start. :) Also bare in mind this is just an animation test, I don't plan to use it in my final piece. I've also taken the liberty uploading the "work in progress" of the first frame. Observe...
Interesting when you see the work in progress isn't it? I can only speak for myself but if you want great movement in your animation then it's always best to start from a skeleton form. Does it take longer? Yes but is it worth? Completely, especially when you get fantastic animation results bringing your character to life. :)

Now onto Storyboards, I've done more but because I've slightly changed the idea I'm going to have to do them again so here's just one frame.
I'm also planning on using a couple of Wolves as well so here below is a rough concept...
And before I bring this latest Update to a close here's a quick announcement...

For GANTO: Renaissance I'm actually planning on making a couple of "Behind The Scenes" Video Diary and will more than likely start Uploading them unto Youtube (and possibly Vimeo as well) and to help get into practice I'm seriously considering starting to do them with the BAA Comp/Al Pasheepo film. I'm not really sure yet but we'll see. :)

Well that's all for now folks and until next time...

See ya later Navigators! :D

Noor "Red Eye" Mula

No comments:

Post a Comment